Happy Anniversary to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort! Last week I had the opportunity to experience this tropical haven in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort with a stay in in Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, the newest addition to the Disney Polynesian Resort which was one of the two original Walt Disney Resort hotels that opened October 1, 1971.
This little slice of paradise combines the spirit of the South Pacific coupled with fun Disney touches to create a resort that only Disney can provide. Near the picturesque white-sand shore of Seven Seas Lagoon, these new accommodations are located a quick monorail ride to the enchanting Magic Kingdom Park, and steps away from the various world-class amenities available at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Staying at the Polynesian Resort is the best in South Pacific ambience combined with all the magic that vacationers have come to expect from Disney. Transporting guests to a tropical haven, Disney’s Polynesian Deluxe Villas & Bungalows reflects the classic features and atmosphere of its sister resort hotel with authentic South Pacific styling and whimsical details. The Polynesian theming and detailed architecture of this resort are visible from the minute guests step into the Great Ceremonial House, the resort’s re-imagined lobby. A large Tiki statue welcomes guests with outstretched arms as it sits on a lava rock water feature. A charming chandelier inspired by Polynesian native navigational instruments, including bamboo finishes and glass globes gives the lobby an even more authentic feel.
I had the chance to stay in the new resort Deluxe Villas which features accommodations that sleep anywhere from five to eight guests, providing enhanced flexibility with deluxe studios that sleep up to 5 guests, or for larger parties, there’s the bungalows that are designed to sleep up to 8 guests.
Theses spacious additions to the Polynesian Resort, which opened April 1, are the largest at the Walt Disney World Resort and feature a queen-size bed, queen-size sleeper sofa and a pull-down bunk-size bed beneath the television. They also offer a kitchenette, private porch or balcony, wall coverings and upgraded finishes. These rooms feature a split bath design, with one bathroom area housing a walk-in shower and sink, and the other bathroom area providing a tub/shower combination, toilet and sink. This innovative design allows for multiple members of a party to get ready at the same time.
Guests staying at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows can enjoy any of the following delicious dining options at the nearby Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort:
- ‘Ohana – Delight in ‘Ohana’s Best Friend Breakfast buffet featuring Lilo and Stitch, or a Hawaiian-style feast dinner.
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Show – Enjoy an enchanting luau with Polynesian dancing and an all-you-care-to-enjoy, family style feast.
- Kona Café – This relaxed café infuses a bit of Asian zest into traditional American meals and features an onstage sushi kitchen.
- Tambu Lounge – At this island-themed watering hole, find tropical drinks and Hawaiian-inspired appetizers.
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto – This themed lounge serves handcrafted Tiki cocktails served in souvenir mugs, as well as small plate snacks.
- Cook’s – At this 24-hour quick service restaurant enjoy signature specialty items, pastries, grilled chicken sandwiches, flatbreads, salads, hamburgers and more.
- Pineapple Lanai – Indulge in the world-famous Dole Whip soft-serve treat along with bottled beverages.
- Kona Island – Enjoy everything from coffee and pastries in the morning to made-to-order sushi and sashimi in the evening.
- Barefoot Pool Bar – Relax by a white sandy beach as you sip on Tiki drinks and take in magical views.
- Private Dining (Room Service) – Room service available
Guests staying at Disney’s Deluxe Polynesian Villas & Bungalows are just steps away from an abundance of recreational opportunities at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort including:
- Pools – Enjoy a refreshing swim in the resort’s feature Lava Pool, delight in the Kiki Tiki Splash Play Area or lounge the day away in the Oasis Pool.
- Seven Seas Marina – The lakeside marina offers an assortment of watercraft available to rent along with private cruises and excursions on Seven Seas Lagoon.
- Campfires – Roast marshmallows and relax around the campfire once the sun begins to set.
- Fishing – Guided fishing excursions and dockside fishing are available at the marina.
- Lilo’s Playhouse – Little ones from ages 3 to 12 years of age can enjoy making crafts, playing games, and other Disney activities in this supervised club.
- Movies Under the Stars – Watch favorite Disney films at outside movie screenings.
- Jogging Trails – Enjoy jogging around one of the resort’s trails.
Looking for that little slice of tropical paradise with all the magic that comes with staying at a Walt Disney World Resort? Look no further than the Polynesian Deluxe Villas and Bungalows. Contact your Disney travel professional for assistance with your Walt Disney World visit at (407) 939-5277 or online at Walt Disney World Resort Hotels.