A galaxy of new Star Wars experiences have now landed at Disney’s Hollywood Studios have now landed inspired by “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” that opens in theaters worldwide on Dec. 16.
Guests, including fans of the epic space saga, will find new entertainment, special displays inside Star Wars Launch Bay, a first-ever themed tour and more at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Premiering this Month
- Star Wars Launch Bay – a multi-sensory space celebrating all things Star Wars – is now updated with authentic replicas from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” joining other Star Wars memorabilia in the preview gallery. Making-of footage from “Rogue One” has been added to the “Meet the Makers” film featured in Star Wars Launch Bay.
- In the popular daytime stage show “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away,” guests will get a first look at AWR Troopers from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.” Outfitted in their specialized Stormtrooper armor with a dark, ominous gleam, these soldiers serve as bodyguards and enforcers for Director Krennic, a highly placed officer within the Advance Weapons Research (AWR) division of the Empire. A new Troopers sequence will join the show Dec. 16. Performances daily.
- The fan favorite nighttime show, “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 16 and will join “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” as a second nightly fireworks spectacular at the park through Dec. 31. The show will continue to be presented in 2017.
- Starting mid-December, randomized tracks will be returning to Star Tours – the Adventures Continue, the popular attraction that uses motion simulator-based technology. Instead of each ride experience launching from the planet of Jakku, the attraction will be randomized to both start and end at different locations for every galactic journey. New scenes from “Star Wars: Episode VIII” will be added to Star Tours in the coming year.
New in 2017
For the ultimate fan comes the ultimate tour. An all-new Star Wars guided tour is a seven-hour immersion in all the park’s current Star Wars experiences. Here’s what it includes:
- A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide
- Priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Encounter two Star Wars characters (Chewbacca and Kylo Ren) at Star Wars Launch Bay
- An in-depth, insider’s tour around Star Wars Launch Bay
- Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi”
- Enjoy Star Wars-themed menu items during dinner at Backlot Express
- A spot in the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which includes themed sweets and specialty beverages, as well as reserved viewing for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show
Younglings ages 4-12 on the guided tour package can also train in the way of The Force in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. Priced at $129 per person, tours begin Jan. 2 and will be offered on Mondays and Saturdays throughout 2017. Reservations for January tours can be made soon.
This latest flight of additions celebrating the Star Wars saga continues to elevate the Star Wars presence at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Entire Star Wars-themed lands are now under construction at the theme park and at Disneyland Park in California.
The countdown is on to the rebellion built on hope. In just 10 days Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will blast into theaters.
In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire’s ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is a prequel that turns its focus to the Rebel Alliance’s attempts to steal the plans for the Death Star. But there will be many key differences that will set this apart from other Star Wars films. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will be directed by Gareth Edwards who also directed Godzilla and it marks the first film in the series without a score by John Williams but rather iconic composer Michael Giacchino has created the score that propels the film. And unlike previous Star Wars adventures, it is speculated that Rogue One most likely will not begin with a narrative crawl updating is on the latest doings in a galaxy far, far away.
Rogue One stars Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Riz Ahmed, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, and Alan Tudyk. Genevieve O’Reilly reprises her role as Mon Mothma, the leader of the Rebel Alliance.
And now here’s the all new Featurette from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story:
GET READY FOR A REBELLION BUILT ON HOPE…
ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY BLASTS INTO THEATERS DECEMBER 16, 2016.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH ALL OF THE LATEST FROM ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY
On Facebook: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
On Twitter: Rogue One Movie
Follow STAR WARS on Instagram: Star Wars Movies
Follow STAR WARS on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/starwars
Visit the official ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORYwebsite: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
SAVE THE REBELLION…..SAVE THE DREAM…