The Force Is Strong at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and with the newly reimagined Star Tours to the announcement of the return of Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Star Wars fans across the galaxy, need to buckle up and get ready for the leap to hyperspace for all that awaits you right now at Walt Disney World and for a very special Disney party you won’t want to miss.
We were lucky enough to be a part of a select group of journalist to experience the attraction for the very first time and it did not disappoint.
Once again when you climb on board the ride, you will be transported to a galaxy far, far away and come face to face with characters from the Star Wars. On Star Tours The Adventures Continue, you will blast off on a thrilling tour of the Star Wars galaxy aboard a Starspeeder 1000. Voyage to amazing alien worlds like Jakuu, Naboo or Coruscant, and come face-to-face with the likes of Boba Fett or Darth Vader.
Now when you journey out into the galaxy and beyond, you may even encounter Kylo Ren or be thrust into a furious battle on Crait—an all-new planet from Star Wars: The Last Jedi, in theaters December 15, 2017!
But without giving away too much of the ride, I can tell you that now only will the rider be treated to glimpses into the much anticipated Star Wars: The Last Jedi but pay close attention to the end of the ride where you will have your first look at Batuu, a remote outpost on the galaxy’s edge which as lore would have it,
was once a popular hub of space travel before the ability to jump to hyperspace ultimately caused travelers and traders to bypass it and now has become a refuse for those looking to evade the First Order but it was also revealed to us that this is a special sneak peek at what’s to come for the park’s most anticipated new land ever, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge coming to both Disney’s Hollywood Studios as well as Disneyland in 2019. We were given the chance to ride twice on Star Tours and we got to see firsthand one of the best parts of the attraction- that you can ride multiple times with more than 50 combinations of opening and ending scenes, including clips from The Force Awakens which means a different experiences each and every time you ride.
On a very special side note, Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ Cast Members were all invited to sign the beam that will become the highest point in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and my son, made sure my name would become a part of Disney history when he included my name on the beam, thus immortalizing me in Disney history-talk about the ultimate tribute to this lifelong Disney and Star Wars fan!
Following our return to a galaxy far, far away, we were also the first to preview, Star Wars: Galactic Nights is returning Dec. 16 to Disney’s Hollywood Studios after last April’s sold-out debut.
This gala evening will be filled with out-of-this-world entertainment celebrating the entire Star Wars saga. And if the entertainment isn’t enough to draw you in, I can personally attest that the food will be out of this world, as we were lucky enough to be treated to samples of all of it and you will have to believe me when I say that one offering is even better than the next!
Also back this time is the every popular Scavenger Hunt, which takes you throughout the Park that night collecting a series of pieces as you visit a wide variety of unique and exclusive photo opportunities that you can only experience during Star Wars: Galactic Nights.
Among many thrills in store, guests will be treated Hollywood-style to a red carpet arrival, iconic attractions with little to no wait time, amazing fireworks and projections, and experts sharing details about the Star Wars expansion coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Throughout the event (entertainment subject to change):
- The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both be enhanced with special elements from the entire saga. In between, a DJ will keep things spinning at Center Stage for a Star Wars dance party.
- The Epic Theater plays host to a special one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars:Galaxy’s Edge, sharing some of the excitement coming to the 14-acre Star Wars-inspired expansion opening in 2019 at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Park-wide, guests can step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations, including a new backdrop inspired by Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars: Galactic Nights features encounters with Star Wars characters like Ewoks, AWR Troopers and roaming droids; Jedi Knights teaching younglings in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple; rocketing to the stars aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; and stunning projection effects on park icons such as the Chinese Theatre. At Star Wars Launch Bay, home base for Star Wars fandom in the park, you never know what denizens from the light or dark side of The Force will appear.
- Don’t miss Darth Vader and a battalion of Imperial Stormtroopers march menacingly down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Even more specialty Star Wars-themed food and beverage and merchandise will be available.
- Select park attractions will be open to all guests. At embarkation points to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, guests may come face-to-face with Stormtroopers on the lookout for a Rebel spy.
- Come dressed in your finest Star Wars Arriving park guests will walk a red carpet that runs the length of Hollywood Boulevard. The street itself will be dressed in all the trappings of a Tinseltown premiere.
- And of course exclusive merchandise will be available at select locations that night so you can relive the memories made on this very special night.
Callers to 407 WDW-PLAY (407 939-7529) will be able to sign on for premium offerings such as a Galactic Tasting Sampler (food and beverage items including lightsaber churros and a charcuterie with C3PO crackers).
Park access and activities will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket holders. Event hours on Dec. 16 are 7 p.m.-midnight. Tickets are priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9 (discounts available for Annual Passholders & DVC Members). Purchase tickets at DisneyWorld.com or call 407-W-DISNEY (407 934-7639)
Don’t wait-Star Wars: Galactic Nights is sure to sell out even quicker than before and we will be there on December 16th bringing it all to you live as it unfolds. Star Tours is now open and awaiting to transport you a galaxy far, far away and circle the date- Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in theaters everywhere on December 15! May the Force be with you!