The wait is finally over! Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok, which electrified both audiences and critics alike can now come home with you!
Now you can enjoy every electric moment of the movie that had us all laughing all while sitting on the edge of our seats either digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™, and Movies Anywhere, on Feb. 20 and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on March 6. When you bring home Thor: Ragnarok, you and the entire family can enjoy the colorful cosmic adventure at home. Now you can experience all the thunderous action and lightning-fast wit in stunning 4K Ultra HD with next-generation high dynamic range (HDR) visuals and Dolby Atmos immersive audio.
Never before has a movie surprise me more and left me wanting more. Without giving away any of the plot, because this is truly a movie you need to experience without knowing anything about what’s around the next bend, you already know that if it’s Marvel, it’s going to be good, it’s just that simple. You know it’s going to be action-packed, with great music, an appearance by Stan Lee himself, somewhere intertwined within the story, and with all of the twists and turns of an E-Ticket ride at Disney and it is all of that and more.
But this is also a departure from what you’ve come to expect from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I truly help that this is the first with many more to come. This is a comedy that holds it’s own with the best of them from the first moments of the movie. It’s a buddy picture in the truest form of the greatest of buddy movies. It’s about the inner dynamics of the complex world of family relationships. And there’s Jeff Goldblum doing what he does best, and taking it up a notch and outdoing being Jeff Goldblum. It is all of this and so much more. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll come out with a warm feeling in your heart and yes, all the action-packed roller coaster ride of a story that you could ever hope for and so much more. And if that weren’t enough, did we mention that it has Chris Hemsworth? It’s everything you’ve ever wanted in any movie all rolled up into one.
So much has happened since we last saw him but now the wait is over and the saga continues in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the return of that hammer- wielding god of thunder and lightning, and storms and the protection of all mankind, Thor makes his return in the Thor Ragnarok
Marvel’s Kevin Feige has promised that Thor: Ragnarok is “a very important movie for us in Marvel Phase 3…we plan on taking Thor to another level. In this installment we find our beloved Thor imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok—the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization—at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela,” and this is the movie that delivers on that promise.
But first he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger—the Incredible Hulk! Thor: Ragnarok is directed by Taika Waititi and returns Chris Hemsworth starring as Thor and Tom Hiddleston reprising his role as Loki. They are joined by Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson and Karl Urban, with Mark Ruffalo and Anthony Hopkins.
Fans who bring home the Ultimate Cinematic Universe Edition (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) of “Thor: Ragnarok” will experience all the thunderous action and lightning-fast wit in stunning 4K Ultra HD with next-generation high dynamic range (HDR) visuals and Dolby Atmos immersive audio. Exclusive, never-before-seen bonus features include deleted scenes; hilarious outtakes; an exclusive short: part three of the mockumentary “Team Thor,” retitled “Team Darryl” and featuring an eccentric new roommate; the evolution of MCU’s heroes culminating in “Avengers: Infinity War;” numerous making-of featurettes which explore the unique vision of director Taika Waititi; the story’s unstoppable women; the effortlessly charismatic Korg; the tyrannical leader of Sakaar, the Grandmaster; and the film’s comic-book origins; audio commentary by Waititi; and more.
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Director’s Introduction
- Deleted/Extended Scenes – Deleted Scenes: The Sorcerer Supreme, Skurge Finds Heimdall & Hulk Chases Thor Through Sakaar and Extended Scenes: Thor Meets the Grandmaster, Stupid Avenger vs. Tiny Avenger & Grandmaster and Topaz
- Gag Reel – Watch a collection of goofs, gaffes and pratfalls starring the cast
- Exclusive Short/Team Darryl – Fresh off being unseated as the ruler of Sakaar, the Grandmaster makes his way to Earth to start a new life. It’s been over a year since Thor left Australia and Darryl has been struggling to pay his rent. Now Darryl needs a new roommate to help make the monthly payments. Unfortunately for Darryl, the Grandmaster was the only one who answered Darryl’s “Roommate Needed” ad and with no viable options, the Grandmaster moves in.
- Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years – The Evolution of Heroes – Marvel’s universe is vast and transcends both time and space. We’ll examine the Cinematic Universe as a whole and revisit each of our heroes’ current location and their place in the current MCU timeline, as it all leads up to the one culminating event: “Avengers: Infinity War.”
- Getting in Touch with Your Inner Thor – “Thor: Ragnarok” director Taika Waititi has brought his unique sensibility and sense of humor to the film in a great many ways but it is the evolution of Thor’s own sense of humor, which stands out the most in the new film. This piece explores the impact Chris Hemsworth has made on the development of his widely-loved character and celebrates the mighty cast and crew who reveal the fun and hard work that went into assembling Thor’s eccentric counterparts.
- Unstoppable Women: Hela & Valkyrie – This piece explores the strong female characters in “Thor: Ragnarok,” their importance in the MCU, their incredible casting and their epic comic origins.
- Finding Korg – A tongue-in-cheek interview with Taika on casting Korg. He describes the difficult search for just the right evolution of the character design, and the nuances of this instantly classic character in the MCU. This conversation will also delve into all the extraordinary visual effects that brought Korg, Sakaar and the worlds of “Thor: Ragnarok” to life.
- Sakaar: On the Edge of the Known and Unknown – Sakaar is the collection point for all lost and unloved things. This documentary will answer all known and unknown questions while also exploring the hard work and creativity that went into creating the look and feel of Sakaar. From design inspired by Jack Kirby’s classic artwork to the dedication of the visual development team to the awe-inspiring physical and digital production, you will see this distant world come alive.
- Journey into Mystery – A deep dive story piece with the writers, director and producer Kevin Feige about the inspirations for “Thor: Ragnarok” within the comics. Most notably, the contest of champions limited series where the Grandmaster pitted our favorite heroes against one another as he does in the film. This piece also further explores Thor’s comic book origins and classic arcs through interviews with some of the most important comic creators, such as Walt Simonson and Jack Kirby.
- 8bit Scenes – Final Bridge Battle + Sakaar Spaceship Battle. Dive into these climactic sequences presented in retro video-game format.
- Directors Commentary
- Evolution of Thor and Hulk’s Bromance – We’ll examine this Super Hero friendship, which has spanned through several Marvel films. From their original Helicarrier fight match to the now iconic Hulk punch from Avengers 1, see how Marvel’s most powerful Super Heroes become the most extraordinary Super Hero buddies.
- Additional Deleted Scenes – Travel to Asgard & Race To The Wormhole
SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED-AND NOW THOR: RAGNAROK:
And there you have. The wait is over! Thor: Ragnarok has descended upon from the heavens and is now available on digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™, and Movies Anywhere,and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on March 6.
Stay up on all of the latest from Thor: Ragnarok
Like THOR: RAGNAROK on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Thor/
Follow THOR: RAGNAROK on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thorofficial
Follow Marvel on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvelstudios/
BRING HOME ONE OF THE BIGGEST SUPER HERO MOVIE OF 2017
Strikes Digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 20
and 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray™ on March 6