Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. a special ticketed event at Disney’s Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort is back bringing with it all of the nostalgia and family feel you’ve come to love and remember from days gone by.
From specialty merchandise and holiday treats including a cookie trail to magical parades, shows, and fireworks, to snow on Main Street USA and yes, even Santa Claus, it’s a magical night where the holidays reign supreme.
With so much to see and do, here’s our complete insider’s guide of all of the magic that awaits you this year at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Come Early, Stay Late
Although the party doesn’t officially get underway until 7:00 pm, having tickets to this holiday extravaganza allows you admission to Disney’s Magic Kingdom at 4:00 pm so make sure to get there early and take full advantage of the day.
With convenient locations throughout the Park to pick up your party bands, you can enjoy some of your favorite attractions and shows before heading to a night filled with holiday fun.
Don’t forget to pick up your holiday party map which will guide you through the night’s festivities from The Cookie Trail to showtimes and character location and more.
A Celebration Filled with Disney Characters
Main Street U.S.A.
- Mickey Mouse – Town Square Theater
- Sandy Claws and Sally – Town Square Theater
- Santa Claus – Next to City Hall
- Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde – Next to Carousel of Progress
- Polar Bears and Reindeer – Inside Cosmic Ray’s
There will be a host of Prince and Princesses spread throughout Fantasyland and inside of Princess Fairytale Hall.
- Rapunzel and Flynn
- Ariel and Eric – Across from Ariel’s Grotto, next to Prince Eric’s Market
- Cinderella and Prince Charming
- Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger – A Place For Friends To Meet next to Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Elena of Avalor
- Tiana and Naveen
- Snow White and Prince
- Aladdin, Genie, Abu, Jasmine – Switch out (usually two at a time) in Agrabah
- Captain Jack Sparrow – Across from Pirates of the Caribbean on Pirate tutorial stage
- Peter Pan – Roaming around
- Moana – Queue for Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Mary Poppins and Bert – Gazebo outside Christmas shop
- Country Bears – Roaming around
- Seven Dwarfs – Inside of the big tent of Pete’s Silly Side Show
- Vampirina, Doc McStuffins, Timon – Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam in the tent near Pete’s
- Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck – Near the
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘n Soak Station
- Santa Goofy – Outside Barnstormer
- Scrooge McDuck and Donald Duck – Casey Jr. Splash ‘n Soak Station
Holiday Treats and Specialty Eats
A Frozen Holiday Wish
Featuring appearances by Anna and Elsa, along with rugged mountain man Kristoff and the lovable snowman Olaf, this merry-and-bright seasonal show culminates in Queen Elsa using her incredible powers to present a gift to everyone in the kingdom—transforming Cinderella Castle into a sparkling, icy centerpiece for the celebration.
Can you hear it? Can you feel it? There’s something magical in the air—and it’s the spirit of the season… a spirit that sparkles with its own magic and memories… a spirit that you can experience for yourself during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
Light up your night with a holiday fireworks spectacular over Cinderella Castle. Hosted by Jiminy Cricket, the Holiday Wishes fireworks spectacular features dazzling pyrotechnics, transformational lighting on Cinderella Castle, holiday-themed projection effects and seasonal songs that includes such classics.
It’s a night sky filled with the magic of the holidays and as only Disney can do, what is Christmas without snow.
Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Have a taste for sweet Magic Shots? The Mickey Mouse Cookie Magic Shot is available in Adventureland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland, while the Candy Cane Magic Shot can be found in front of Cinderella Castle and on the bridges leading to Liberty Square, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland.
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade is a beloved party staple, and if you love it as much as I do, you’ll adore these photo opportunities featuring a few parade favorites!
The Toy Soldiers can march into your photo on Main Street, U.S.A., and the photographer at the entrance to the park can offer a Magic Shot featuring a cheerful reindeer and gingerbread man.
For photos with a traditional Christmas vibe, visit any Disney PhotoPass photographer in the park (except for those at Character Experience locations) to take a Mistletoe Magic Shot, and get a special Animated Magic Shot when you meet Santa Claus.
At various locations around the park, photographers will be offering holly-jolly props for you to include in your photos, including the new Tinker Bell lantern! You’ll find this new pixie-dusted prop in Fantasyland near Enchanted Tales with Belle.
And finally, photographers will also be capturing your memories at Character Experience locations during the event.
New Must Have Holiday Merchandise
The best way to keep the festive feel of the holidays going long after the evening is over and to share it with loved ones is to make sure to bring home some of the magical new merchandise that is only availbale for a limited time and some exclusive to party guest only.
The best way to remember a visit to this oh-so-jolly celebration is with merchandise created exclusively for this annual holiday event.
From nostalgic sweaters to light-up hats, to tee-shirts and home decor, there’s truly something for everyone waiting just for you and the best part is that guests staying at one of the Walt Disney World Resort Hotels can have all of your merchandise sent back to your hotel so you can shop until you drop! Here’s a fun look at some of my favorite new items available in shops at Magic Kingdom Park.
Knowing that all guests, especially during the holidays love taking family photos at the event, the Disney merchandise developers worked from a traditional holiday color palate of red, green and blue – all add just the right pop in pictures.
Find these products and more during the party at the shops listed below. Please note all items will be available while supplies last.
- Main Street, U.S.A. – Emporium (apparel, retail MagicBand, pins, ornament, Passholder items)
- Storybook Circus – Big Top Souvenirs (apparel, retail MagicBand, pins, ornament)
- Tomorrowland – Mickey’s Star Traders (apparel, logo pin, ornaments, Passholder items)
- Liberty Square – Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe (apparel, logo pin, ornaments)
- Frontierland – Frontier Trading Post (pins and retail MagicBand)
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will be held on select nights from Nov. 8 – Dec. 21. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit Disneyworld.com/ChristmasParty.
There’s no more magical time than right now to visit the Walt Disney World Resort for the holidays. This very special in-park party celebrates the season with lovely decor, glittering holiday lights,
special photo opportunities, snow on Main Street, U.S.A., and entertainment you have to see and experience to believe!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, which requires a special ticket to attend, will be held on the following nights: November 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29 and 30; and December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 21. Party fun takes place from 7 p.m.-midnight.